MDC Foundation is dedicated to providing support for our MDC alumni, friends of the College and our Miami community. Below, are key resources and opportunities to help in and around South Florida during the holiday season plus resources and relief efforts. We’d like to wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and healthy season.
- Miami Rescue Mission has ongoing volunteer roles for the Pack the Pantry Food Drive.
- PRSA of Greater Fort Lauderdale in partnership with Feeding South Florida is hosting a volunteer event on Nov. 19.
- Branches FL is providing Thanksgiving volunteer opportunities in different Miami locations.
- Feeding South Florida is looking for ongoing volunteers through the holiday season.
- Health in the Hood is looking for ongoing volunteers beyond the holiday season.
- Be Strong International is hosting a Thanksgiving Drive-thru Food Distribution on Nov. 20.
- Miramar Cultural Center in partnership with FLIPANY is hosting meal distributions for school-age children through Jan. 2021.
- Edible South Florida is helping fill community fridges during Thanksgiving.
- Feeding Florida’s, “Find Food Now” map provides a list of local resources.
- DeliverLean Foundation is hosting food drives on a schedule basis.
- Health in the Hood is helping combat hunger with their Filling Fridges program.
- Miami on the Cheap has provided a robust list of free and current food distribution sites.
- Miami Dade College’s Office of Veteran Affairs is available to assist all eligible U.S. Military Veterans students and dependents.
- Miami Dade County offers the CAHSD Veteran Services Program, which assists veterans and their families (spouse, children, widows, parents of veterans).
More Ways to Help
- I AM MDC Fund will go to work immediately to help students meet basic needs such as food and cover tuition so they can continue their education.
Do you know of some other opportunities or resources? If you do, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include in the subject line Community Resources.
Written by Chloe Medina, MDC Foundation Digital Marketing Manager