Miami Dade College has been awarded the 2019 Academic Best Newcomer Award. The EC-Council Academia division formally highlights academic institutions within North America that excel each year by having lasting impacts on cybersecurity education and local communities.
The Academic Best Newcomer Award is a high-level award within the EC-Council Academia and the cybersecurity community presented to an institution that has made tremendous strides towards cybersecurity education in the first year of partnership. The EC-Council has over 1,000 academic partners from K-12, Technical Institutes, Colleges and Universities in North America.
The Academic Best Newcomer award recipient is selected based on the following criteria:
– Established partner with EC-Council for less than one year
– Commitment to educate and make a difference in the Cybersecurity workforce
– Student feedback on EC-Council courses and faculty
– Evaluation reports post class
– Student Engagement
– Ratio of students who move on to test out on EC-Council certifications
– Volume of students educated in Cybersecurity
EC-Council will present the award at the upcoming EC-Council 2019 Partner Awards in Atlanta, GA the evening of Wednesday, October 9th, prior to the annual Hacker Halted 2019 events on October 10thand 11th (www.hackerhalted.com)