From international cooking classes to art, photography, science, dance, film production, virtual CSI and even podcasting, this year MDC’s Summer On-Screen Camps offer one of the most diverse virtual summer camp experiences for kids and teens from June 15 to August 14.
MDC’s summer camps, traditionally offered at the college’s eight campuses located throughout Miami-Dade County, will be completely virtual this year to support social distancing guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Weekly sessions are available in the mornings and afternoons for children ages 7-12 and teenagers ages 13-17. The cost is $35 per class with some camps being offered at no cost.
Summer On-Screen highlights include:
- Chefs Around the World, available for both age groups in June and July, will take participants on wonderful cooking adventures, learning about different cultures by cooking an emblematic dish from different regions of the world
- Science & Nature offered June through August explores various topics, such as Dino Prehistoric Venture, Zoology and Space and Astronomy Explorations
- Arts classes are available for all ages and focus on various techniques and materials, including Recycled Art, Mixed Media, Origami, Paper Folding, and Painting with Watercolors and Tempera
- Dance and Fitness classes will give participants the opportunity to get in shape while having fun with Yoga, Zumba, and Urban Dance
- CSI and Procedural Justice Virtual Camp is a six-week free program sponsored by The Children’s Trust for participants ages 14 to 17
Get more information and register for CSI and Procedural Justice Virtual Camp: