Dear MDC Community,
We want to share additional resources and steps that Miami Dade College is taking to help keep everyone safe and healthy during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China.
What is MDC Doing?
As part of our action plan, we have enacted several college-wide protocols:
Activated an Enhanced Cleaning Protocol (ECP). This entails:
- Required twice daily cleaning and disinfecting with and industrial-grade germicidal product in all areas of campus buildings.
- Cleaning high traffic surfaces frequently touched by hands, including:
- Doorknobs, door frames and other frequently touched areas on the door
- Light switches and elevator buttons
- Tables, chairs, and counter tops
- Water fountains
Deploying hand sanitation stations:
- Stations will be located at main entrances and key high traffic locations on all campuses in the near future.
Augmented Campus Services by selecting specialized vendors:
- Facilities Management has already identified outside vendors in the event additional cleaning actions become necessary.
Based on the latest recommendation issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to either postpone or cancel all study abroad and foreign student exchange programs due to the COVID-19 virus, MDC made the decision to cancel all faculty-led study abroad programs. We have already communicated this decision to participating students and faculty scheduled to lead the programs.
We have created a Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resource page and encourage everyone to check back for updates from MDC, including tips on staying healthy. There are also links to the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Florida Department of Health, and the World Health Organization.
For questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, you may call the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121 or email COVIDemail@example.com. The call center is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.