Just in time for summer, the Learning Resources Department at Miami Dade College (MDC) will host again the Learning Resources Summer Film Festival June 1 through the end of July. The college-wide film festival will feature a diverse and exciting schedule of movies all summer long, ranging from animation, comedy, and action to films on conservation.
This is the third film festival hosted by the Learning Resources Department. Last year, the Welcome to Miami Summer Film Festival screened movies filmed in sunny South Florida, including Miami Vice, The Birdcage, and Meet the Fockers. The festival kicked off in 2014 with the Shakespeare and Snacks! Summer Film Festival which garnered city-wide attention with its celebration of the classic playwright’s 450th birthday.
All films and snacks are free to students, staff, and faculty.
The schedule is as follows:
Carrie P. Meek Entrepreneurial Education Center, (MEEC) theme: Water Consumption and Conservation, location 1202. The screening will include a post-discussion on the Biscayne Aquifer and water consumption and conservation:
- June 15 – Flow at noon
- June 15 – Tapped at 6 p.m.
Hialeah Campus, room 5101B, at noon. In collaboration with the Anime Club and Student Life, the screening will include a post-discussion panel and interactive events.
- July 20 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Homestead Campus, theme: Potter Palooza, building D, 1 floor, at noon. After the screening, check out the exciting book and DVD display.
- June 1 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- June 6-8 – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- June 15 – Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- June 22 – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- June 29 – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- July 6 – Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- July 13 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- July 20 – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
InterAmerican Campus, theme: Latin America, at noon Films will be shown in their original language with English subtitles
Films from Mexico
- June 21- Pan’s Labyrinth (El laberinto del fauno), room 3306
- June 22- And Your Mother Too (Y tu mamá también), room 3310
- June 23- Love’s a Bitch (Amores perros), room: 3306
Films from Cuba
- June 27- Suite Habana, Room 3310
- June 28- Juan of the Dead (Juan de los muertos), room 3306
- June 29- Strawberry and Chocolate (Fresa y chocolate), room 3310
Films from Colombia
- July 5 – Embrace of the Serpent (El abrazo de la serpiente), room 3306
Films from Peru
- July 6 – Undertow (Contracorriente), room 3310
Films from Chile
- July 12 – The Maid (La nana), room 3306
Films from Brazil
- July 13 – City of God (Cidade de Deus), room 3310
Films from Argentina
- July 19 – Nine Queens (Nueve reinas), room 3306
- July 20 – The secret in their eyes (El secreto de sus ojos), room 3310
- July 21 – Wild Tales (Relatos salvajes), room 3306
Films from Uruguay
- July 26 – Whisky, room: 3306
- July 27 – The Pope’s Toilet (El baño del papa), room 3310
Kendall Campus, room 2120, at noon
- July 6- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- July 13- The Dark Knight Rises
- July 20- The Outsiders
- July 27- Perks of Being a Wallflower
Medical Campus, theme: Ethics, at 11 a.m.
- June 20 – Blade Runner, room 2104
- June 29 – The Lazarus Effect, room 2123
North Campus, theme: Cars, room 2158, at noon.
- June 16 – 2 Fast 2 Furious
West Campus, theme: Adam Sandler’s favorites, room 1119, at noon.
- June 22 – Big Daddy
- June 23 – 50 First Dates
- June 24 – I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry
Wolfson Campus, theme: Animation, room 8106, at 3 p.m. These screenings will include clips from the Lynn and Louis Wolfson II Florida Moving Image Archives, with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
- June 13 – Big Hero 6
- June 15 – Despicable Me 2
- June 20 – Inside Out
- June 22 – Shark Tale
- June 27 – The Croods
- June 29 – Wall-E
- July 11 – Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
- July 13 – The Lego Movie
To view the entire film schedule, please check the Learning Resources Facebook page at www.facebook.com/MDCLearningResources
For more information, please contact Dania Soriano at 305-237-3448, or firstname.lastname@example.org.