MDC is once again the Presenting Partner of the annual two-day conference on the Global Economy, Finance, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Infrastructure, Energy and Trade
Miami, March 29, 2019 – Miami Dade College’s (MDC) President, Dr. Eduardo J. Padrón, will deliver remarks at the opening of the 9th edition of the World Strategic Forum, presented by MDC, at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 1. The two-day conference will take place April 1 – 2, at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables.
Dr. Rana Shehadeh, Dean of MDC’s Miguel B. Fernandez Family School of Global Business, Trade and Transportation, will lead a plenary session on The Future of Work at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, April 1. The session will discuss the effects of automation on employment, what educational models are best suited to prepare the workforce for the future job market and how employers can prepare their workforce, among other topics.
The World Strategic Forum is an initiative of the International Economic Forum of the Americas and brings together government and business leaders from around the world to discuss global issues and cultivates engagement and forges dialogue on the issues driving political, economic and social change throughout the world. Under the theme “Building a Sustainable Future,” this year’s conference will feature more than 1,400 participants and 90 speakers. Topics will include Entrepreneurship in the Americas; Harnessing The Potential of Artificial Intelligence; Envisioning The Cities of Tomorrow; Cybersecurity in an Era of Hyper-Connectivity; and The New Geopolitics of Latin America among many others.
“As the world continues to become increasingly connected socially, politically and economically, forums like these are beacons to unite thought leaders and decision makers to discuss how we harness today’s knowledge and technology to ensure our future is sustainable on a global scale,” said Nicholas Rémillard, president, and CEO of the International Economic Forum of the Americas. “Miami continues to be the perfect hub for the brightest minds to connect and cultivate dialogue, corporate insight and collaborate on the central issues affecting the world economy today.”
Some of the confirmed speakers for the event include:
MONDAY, APRIL 1st – CONFIRMED SPEAKERS
- Ray Lewis, Co-Founder and Principal, Power52 Energy Solutions; former Baltimore Ravens linebacker; 2x Super Bowl champion; 2018 Pro Football Hall of Fame Inductee
- Eduardo J. Padrón, MDC President and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Ibukun Awosika, Chairman, First Bank of Nigeria
- Osama Bedier, Chief Executive Officer, Poynt; and Co-founder, Google Wallet
- Arnold W. Donald, President and Chief Executive Officer, Carnival Corporation & plc
- Becky Frankiewicz, President, North America, Manpower Group
- Jeffrey B. Kratz, General Manager, Latin America, Canada and Caribbean Regions, World-Wide Public Sector, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Enrico Letta, Dean, Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), Sciences Po Paris; President, Jacques Delors Institute; and Prime Minister of Italy (2013-2014)
- John Lipsky, Peter G. Peterson Distinguished Scholar, Henry A. Kissinger Center for Global Affairs, Johns Hopkins University
- José Luis Manzano, President, Integra Capital
- Candace Worley, Vice-President and Chief Technical Strategist, McAfee
TUESDAY, APRIL 2nd – CONFIRMED SPEAKERS
- Clemente Del Valle, President, Financiera de Desarollo Nacional (FDN)
- Johannes Evenblij, President Central America and South America Foods, PepsiCo
- Jürgen Gerke, Chief Executive Officer, Allianz Capital Partners
- António Mexia, Chief Executive Officer, EDP – Energias de Portugal
- Uffe Ostergaard, President, Hapag-Lloyd America
- Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Canadian Solar
- Miguel Vargas, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dominican Republic
For a complete roster of confirmed speakers and updates to the list, please visit http://forum-americas.org/miami/2019-edition/speakers/.
Media members interested in interviewing any confirmed speakers or a World Strategic Forum representative can reach out to Alessandra Gonzalez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the World Strategic Forum
The Miami World Strategic Forum is presented by the International Economic Forum of the Americas (IEFA). Its mission is to address the major governance challenges of the new world economic order.
The objective of the World Strategic Forum is to foster a better understanding of opportunities and challenges at stake in the Global Market. The Forum also seeks to provide a platform for business meetings in a broad spectrum of sectors and to foster sustainable economic development.
WHAT: 9th World Strategic Forum Presented by Miami Dade College
WHEN: Monday and Tuesday, April 1 – 2
WHERE: Biltmore Hotel, 1200 Anastasia Ave.
Coral Gables, Florida
For more information about the World Strategic Forum, please visit http://forum-americas.org/miami.
Domestic and foreign journalists are invited to cover the entire proceedings of the World Strategic Forum. To attend the event, journalists, photographers, and media technical staff must register by contacting Alessandra Gonzales at email@example.com, or +1 (786) 337-3026, by Friday, March 29, 2019.