Miami, June 9, 2020 – From international cooking classes to art, photography, science, dance, film production, virtual CSI and even podcasting, this year Miami Dade College’s (MDC) Summer On-Screen Camps offer one of the most diverse virtual summer camp experiences for kids and teens from June 15 to August 14.
MDC’s summer camps, traditionally offered at the college’s eight campuses located throughout Miami-Dade County, will be completely virtual this year to support social distancing guidelines due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Weekly sessions are available in the mornings and afternoons for children ages 7-12 and teenagers ages 13-17. The cost is $35 per class with some camps being offered at no cost.
Summer On-Screen highlights include:
- Chefs Around the World, available for both age groups in June and July, will take participants on wonderful cooking adventures through Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Caribbean, and more! They will learn about different cultures by cooking an emblematic dish from different regions of the world.
- Science & Nature in June to August will explore various topics, such as Dino Prehistoric Venture, Zoology and Space and Astronomy Explorations.
- Arts classes are available for all ages and focus on various techniques and materials, including Recycled Art, Mixed Media, Origami, Paper Folding, and Painting with Watercolors and Tempera.
- Dance and Fitness classes will give participants the opportunity to get in shape while having fun with yoga, Zumba, and Urban Dance.
- CSI and Procedural Justice Virtual Camp is a six-week free program sponsored by The Children’s Trust for participants ages 14 to 17.
For a full list of Summer On-Screen camps and to register, please visit http://www.mdc.edu/summercamps or call 305-237-2161.
For more information and to register for CSI and Procedural Justice Virtual Camp, please contact Rachelle Tanega, 305-237-8415, firstname.lastname@example.org.
MDC Media-only contacts: Juan C. Mendieta, MDC director of communications, 305-237-7611, email@example.com; Sue Arrowsmith, 305-237-3710, firstname.lastname@example.org; Allison Horton, 305-237-3359, email@example.com; or Norma Ardila, 305-237-3607, firstname.lastname@example.org
This and other MDC releases are available on the web at www.mdc.edu.