Miami, Oct. 19, 2017 – Miami Dade College’s (MDC) InterAmerican Campus will host the MDC Information Security Awareness Conference from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., on Thursday, Oct. 26. The event is free and open to students and the community at large.
The conference is designed to bring awareness as well as the discussion of trends in the topic of Information Security to the college community as well as residents of the county. There will also be a fair featuring booths from Microsoft, GigaNetworks, Dell, Entec, TechHire, MDC Learning Resources, Mission Critical Systems, MDC Computer Club, and PhishMe, and many more.
A 45-minute session will present industry leaders speaking on the following topics:
- Identity Theft: Ana Roldan, MDC CISO & Frank Martinez, MDC Information Security Analyst
- Ransomware: Mauricio Angee, CISO at Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Personal Security Hygiene: Detective Steve Kaufman, MDPD Cyber Crimes
- Malware Trends: Jeff Orloff, Phishme
- Social Media and its Risks – Sanjay Deo, President of 24by7 security
- Cyber Security and Internet of Things — Leticia Monteagudo CEO of Smart Security & Silka Gonzalez, CEO of Enterprise Risk Management
WHAT: MDC Information Security Awareness Conference
WHEN: Thursday, Oct. 26, from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHERE: InterAmerican Campus, Flag Courtyard and Room 3103
627 S.W. 27th Ave.
For more information about the conference, please contact Omi Ramirez at 305-237-6825, firstname.lastname@example.org.