Miami, July 22, 2020 – Miami Dade College’s (MDC) Padrón Campus will host the Advance U: Education and the Workplace virtual workshop starting at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, through MDC’s Blackboard Learning Management tool. This event is free and open to the public.
This event is aimed at helping individuals who want to advance their careers by earning a certificate, degree, or receive credits for skills they already have. Participants will learn about programs linked to high wage – high demand industry certifications, which give job seekers a professional advantage. They will also learn about job opportunities, internships, as well as programs for foreign-trained professionals, refugees, and immigrant students.
The event will kick-off at 6 p.m. with a presentation by MDC Works, the College’s career resource center. Breakout sessions addressing a variety of topics will begin at 6:45 p.m. and include:
- Opening my Business: Dr. James Thomas, Chair School of Business, Engineering, and Technology
- The Future &Technology: Dr. Diego Tibaquira, Faculty, School of Business, Engineering, and Technology
- Becoming a Teacher: Mr. Carlos Rossie, Director, Center for Professional Development
- Early Childhood Education: Ms. Iris Strachan, Chair, Early Childhood Education
- Understanding Self & the World: Mr. Richard Tapia, Chair, Social Sciences
- Making money while Translating: Ms. Niurka Leon, Chair, world Languages
For more information about the Advance U: Education and the Workplace, the Virtual edition, please contact Associate Dean of Faculty, MDC Padrón Campus Carla Hamaty 305-237-6150, firstname.lastname@example.org.