Miami, Oct. 11, 2016 – Miami Dade College’s (MDC) North Campus will host a relief drive for Haiti. A prayer mass and memorial service will be held on Wednesday, Oct. 12, at 1 p.m., in the Science Complex Atrium. All faculty, staff, students, family and community members are invited to join us in remembrance of the victims and all of those affected by Hurricane Matthew.
MDC’s North Campus is home to a large population of Caribbean students, many of whom hail from the storm-afflicted country of Haiti. The news of the impending storm striking the island resonated deeply with student leaders.
“Empathy is the foundation of our campus culture. My fellow students care profoundly about the victims of Hurricane Matthew, both here and in Haiti. This tragedy strikes very close to home for us,” said Alexander Delgado, Student Government Association President at North Campus.
The campus is partnering with the Haitian American Nursing Association (HANA) to provide much-needed hygiene supplies and basic medication to impacted areas in Haiti. Community members are invited to contribute to relief efforts by donating much-needed hygiene and medical supplies.
Donations may be dropped off no later than Nov. 2 at two locations:
- MDC’s North Campus, 11380 NW 27th Avenue, room 4208
- MDC’s Carrie P. Meek Entrepreneurial Education Center, 6300 N.W. Seventh Ave., room 1109
A list of the most needed items is available:
- Bar soap
- Toothpaste & Dental Floss
- Hand sanitizer (8 oz only)
- Latex or vinyl gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
- Children’s Tylenol, Motrin, Allergy, Cough & Cold, Stomach Medication
- Adult Tylenol, Motrin, Aspirin
- Gyne-Lotrimin (anti-fungal)
- Silvadine Cream (Burn Cream)
- Vitamins (Adults, Prenatal and Childrens)
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Hydrogen Peroxide and Alcohol
- First Aid triple antibiotic ointment (Neosporin)
- Gauze rolls/pads, Ace bandages (all sizes)
- Water purification tablets
For more information, please call the MDC, North Campus Student Life office: 305-237-1250.